For President's day weekend, we drove up to Rexburg and visited Monica and Daniel. The kids had so much fun because E-Ca spoiled them! It was a much needed break from work and study for all of us. Rico had lots of homework to do, but knew how badly I wanted to visit so, we went for a three night visit. First thing we did was hit Texas Roadhouse and then Orange Leaf frozen yogurt in Idaho Falls! After two weeks of being on the South Beach diet, I felt I deserved a non-fat frozen yogurt treat! It was nothing like I ever tasted! They had something called fish eggs they were strawberry and peach flavored and when you bit into it, it was this sweet juicy thingy! Yumm! The following day, we went and toured the new conference building? on campus and it was ginormous! We then went to eat at this sandwich shop called Gator Jack, went sledding, and to top it off had hot chocolate and cupcakes at the Cocoa Bean! I wasn't cheating on my diet that bad...so I skipped the hot chocolate and cupcake and Rico and I took a stroll to Great Harvest Bread and got a loaf of honey whole wheat bread and dakota bread! So, worth the money!
I couldn't resist passing by New Fong's without having their hot and sour soup, so the next day Monica and I had lunch there and boy was the soup goooooood!!!! Then, we made our way to Porter's!!! I love Porter's and I really needed to get some things for wedding gifts!
We also got to visit our dear friends the Lines!!! We miss them so much and our kids just played together as if we'd never moved away! They're awesome and we love them!
We love short family trips like these! Our next break is in April and I am hoping to take another short trip elsewhere...hMMM...where will we end up going? Did I hear...Disneyland?????? We shall see!
Rico and I are on this health quest! This will be his 4th week on the p90x program and I'm so proud of him! He hasn't eaten rice for the past 4 weeks!!! Surprising since he could never have a meal without rice!!! True asain, right??? He's also trying to eat healthy, thus also eating most of the food that I prepare from my SB diet menu. The food is great! I eat 6 small meals a day and really, if diet food tastes like this, it's a breeze!!! The only thing I caution is that it could get expensive and I have lazy cooking tendencies! Anyone would like to volunteer to be my personal chef? Anyway, I feel great! The first day I started the diet, I was working and went home visiting all day to my kids' house! I was afraid that I would faint, shake, or have withdrawals - not at all! In addition, I walk/jog the treadmill or do the elliptical 30 minutes a day on my lunch break! I am so lucky that our school site is at a recreation center and I get to work out FOR FREE! So, far I am liking the results! I am hoping to make more progress in health, weight loss, and maintaining this lifestyle! PS...the kids love the food as well!!! They actually thing Ricotta cheese is ice cream! Of course, we add the needed carbs for them with every meal! All I have to say is - Diet & Exercise: It works!
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Wow! Great job. Ben and I do p90x also and it kicks our cans! Keep it up! Now we just need to get on the diet thing.
Nang, it was great having you here! we miss you already! every time it snows, i wish eli was here so i could take him sledding..when we go hot tubbing, i miss erin cause she loved it!! we love you!!!
Post a Comment